Skip to main content

What Is Patriotism To Me Essay

 A few weeks ago I entered an essay writing contest. The theme was "What Is Patriotism To Me Essay." It was organized by the VFW(Veterans Of Foreign Wars."

This is my essay that I submitted:

    Patriotism means showing your loyalty, involving cultures, freedom, justice, equality, and love for your country. We are all equal, no matter what race, skin color, or language we speak. Combining all cultures in America makes us a nation. When the founding fathers established America, patriotism was born; and we sewed together a whole nation. The states were woven together as 50 stars on the national flag. A sense of personal identification with the country grew stronger as a collective identity. All together we are a nation that should help each other, not fight nor harm. 

    Our national flag teaches us to stand tall and firm as one nation. It is well worn from our glory days. We rise up every day recording the past and moving forward. The flag is a shared feeling and a common goal to do what's best for the nation. The White House, the Constitution, The American Flag, Mount Rushmore, the Statue Of Liberty, and many more are symbols of patriotism. They are an important part of our history.

    We are given opportunities in this country and it is our duty to utilize the opportunities in the best interests of the community we live in. We have the freedom to express our thoughts and opinions, yet at the same time, we should learn to be respectful to different belief systems. As John F. Kennedy once quoted “ And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you- ask what you can do for your country.” 

The question that arises is how do we show our patriotism. We all can contribute to keep our ecosystem green and healthy. We as a family work together to help keep our environment clean. My family stopped using plastic straws and have minimized the usage of plastic (bottles, containers) to support preserving nature. We do a vegetable garden every summer in our backyard. This is an example of being ‘truly green’ in patriotism. The plants are air purifiers which improve the air quality. It also nourishes me with positive energy and is an enjoyable, outdoor family activity. Another instance from recent times (Covid-19) is wearing a mask when going to indoor places. This will help prevent the spreading of coronavirus.

    A cupcake needs sweetness, similarly a country needs patriotism with a healthy spirit and willingness to promote our community.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Vacation Time

  I love going on vacation don't you? There are so many exciting places to visit, with things to do for every type of person. There are places for people who want to relax or go on an adventure. Below are some places I have traveled, that I would recommend going to! 1. Maldives We went to Maldives last summer and had an amazing time. I experienced a lot of firsts there. I went scuba diving for the first time in my life. Although it was not a full experience(the instructor teaching us held on to our oxygen tanks, to keep us from swimming away), we still saw so many amazing fish. There were so many different shapes and sizes along with colorful coral. We saw schools of fish, and they swam in between us. They were so close I could almost touch them. On top of seeing the sea animals we saw an abandoned shipwreck. It was a smaller sized ship compared to the ones in movies, but it was so cool! Another first I had there was walking on a white sand beach. These beaches are completely ...

My New Youtube Channel!!!

Recently I started a youtube channel! Can you guess what it is about???? BOOKS!!!!! During my school winter break, I spent a lot of time reading, and my sister suggested I make a youtube channel with book recommendations. As of right now, I will only be posting shorts, but once summer starts, I am going to post specific book review videos. It would be awesome to subscribe and like my current videos. Thank you!!! The channel link is below ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓ DiyasBookishCorner

A Little Bit About Me 2020

Hi, my name is Diya Sudhagar. I am currently eleven years old I have four people in my family including me. I have a little sister named Isha, who is in second grade at Welch Elementary. I also have my mom and dad. An area of interest that I have is singing. I came to be interested in it at a young age, maybe around 2 or 3. My parents enrolled me in Hindustani Classical Music when I was around 3-4. I am still learning now and I have performed  many times.  I listen to so many songs, when studying, eating, car rides, movies, restaurants, etc. I feel just that music is a special part of me.   My talents are reading, imagination, organizing, singing, and dancing. I use my talent of organizing to stay neat while doing schoolwork. I use the talent of dancing to dance with my family and friends when we put songs to dance to. My imaginations used when I just want to daydream/imagine things that aren’t true. For instance imagining…. meeting famous people!!! My reading ke...