Skip to main content

The Amazing, Wonderful, Fantastical, Beautiful Flute Part 1

 I have been playing the flute for three years now, since the start of sixth grade. Playing the flute has been a special part of my life. I am in my school wind ensemble, and I even got into ILMEA! I have looked back at solos I have done from the start of sixth grade till now. I see so much improvement. My tone is much more pleasant, and my vibrato sounds so much more mature. This goes in showing, how practice really does make things better. What's funny is, at the end of sixth grade, the highest note I could play was a g. But now the highest I an play is a really, really high b natural.

The flute has been proven to benefit the brain, so its not only fun to play but it is good for you too. Physically, it promotes good posture and better breathing. As well as playing the flute, I run too. The breathing the flute taught me, helps me when I run. The flute also relieves stress. During school, the flute would always make me feel happier, and calmer. 

Did you know??????

That there are 13 different flute types in the world. I only knew three of them. The common C flute, the bansuri(Indian flute), and the Piccolo(a flute that is very small). All of them sound so beautiful. What differentiates the flutes from each other is their size, range, and tone. 


This is part 1 of this 2 post series. : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Vacation Time

  I love going on vacation don't you? There are so many exciting places to visit, with things to do for every type of person. There are places for people who want to relax or go on an adventure. Below are some places I have traveled, that I would recommend going to! 1. Maldives We went to Maldives last summer and had an amazing time. I experienced a lot of firsts there. I went scuba diving for the first time in my life. Although it was not a full experience(the instructor teaching us held on to our oxygen tanks, to keep us from swimming away), we still saw so many amazing fish. There were so many different shapes and sizes along with colorful coral. We saw schools of fish, and they swam in between us. They were so close I could almost touch them. On top of seeing the sea animals we saw an abandoned shipwreck. It was a smaller sized ship compared to the ones in movies, but it was so cool! Another first I had there was walking on a white sand beach. These beaches are completely ...

A Little Bit About Me 2020

Hi, my name is Diya Sudhagar. I am currently eleven years old I have four people in my family including me. I have a little sister named Isha, who is in second grade at Welch Elementary. I also have my mom and dad. An area of interest that I have is singing. I came to be interested in it at a young age, maybe around 2 or 3. My parents enrolled me in Hindustani Classical Music when I was around 3-4. I am still learning now and I have performed  many times.  I listen to so many songs, when studying, eating, car rides, movies, restaurants, etc. I feel just that music is a special part of me.   My talents are reading, imagination, organizing, singing, and dancing. I use my talent of organizing to stay neat while doing schoolwork. I use the talent of dancing to dance with my family and friends when we put songs to dance to. My imaginations used when I just want to daydream/imagine things that aren’t true. For instance imagining…. meeting famous people!!! My reading ke...

My New Youtube Channel!!!

Recently I started a youtube channel! Can you guess what it is about???? BOOKS!!!!! During my school winter break, I spent a lot of time reading, and my sister suggested I make a youtube channel with book recommendations. As of right now, I will only be posting shorts, but once summer starts, I am going to post specific book review videos. It would be awesome to subscribe and like my current videos. Thank you!!! The channel link is below ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓ DiyasBookishCorner