Skip to main content

My First 10K

Recently I did my first 10K with my mom. It was an amazing experience, and a few years ago I did a 5k too!!! Usually 10K runners spend a long time preparing I ran in the morning for only a week before the 10K. I had a pretty good stamina during the run even though I did not prepare much. Here's a secret(I walked most of the time) because 10K's are really long to me. They are around 6 miles, on the other hand a 5K is around 3 miles. There were so many people cheering the runners on and it pushed me to finish. My mom kept on asking if I wanted to take a break, but I always said no. I did not stop once during the whole run, even when I took  a water break I waled slowly. 

Once you start running you don't want to stop because you'll lose momentum. The definition of momentum is "the strength or force that something has when it is moving. : the strength or force that allows something to continue or to grow stronger or faster as time passes. physics : the property that a moving object has due to its mass and its motion." Momentum is like an addiction that keeps you moving, you just want to keep on pushing.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Vacation Time

  I love going on vacation don't you? There are so many exciting places to visit, with things to do for every type of person. There are places for people who want to relax or go on an adventure. Below are some places I have traveled, that I would recommend going to! 1. Maldives We went to Maldives last summer and had an amazing time. I experienced a lot of firsts there. I went scuba diving for the first time in my life. Although it was not a full experience(the instructor teaching us held on to our oxygen tanks, to keep us from swimming away), we still saw so many amazing fish. There were so many different shapes and sizes along with colorful coral. We saw schools of fish, and they swam in between us. They were so close I could almost touch them. On top of seeing the sea animals we saw an abandoned shipwreck. It was a smaller sized ship compared to the ones in movies, but it was so cool! Another first I had there was walking on a white sand beach. These beaches are completely ...

My New Youtube Channel!!!

Recently I started a youtube channel! Can you guess what it is about???? BOOKS!!!!! During my school winter break, I spent a lot of time reading, and my sister suggested I make a youtube channel with book recommendations. As of right now, I will only be posting shorts, but once summer starts, I am going to post specific book review videos. It would be awesome to subscribe and like my current videos. Thank you!!! The channel link is below ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓ DiyasBookishCorner

How To Stay Focused When Studying

 School is very important, as is learning which is the whole point of school. When doing online work or homework for school you have to focus on it. What happens if you don't study for an important test? Most likely you won't get a grade you will be satisfied with. Some tips that I use to keep me focused from distracting myself are.... Stay away from social media(texting, watching videos, using phones, etc.) Taking small breaks Start as soon as possible Don't multitask Have a quiet and clean space to limit outside distractions Offer rewards if you finish your homework ( more tv time, candies, etc.) If you are talking to a friend about homework do not change to unnecessary topics (I only do this once in a while) Choose light music to help you focus Don't stay on the same subject for a long time Write down everything even if you know you will remember them